16 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Cheap SEO
Are you on a limited marketing budget and looking for cheap SEO?
If the answer is yes, then I highly recommend you read this article in its entirety before you hire a cheap SEO company.
This SEO blog article is about the hidden cost of cheap SEO services.
Do a search for "cheap SEO" using your preferred search engine and let me know the result.
I counted about 73,800,000 cheap SEO agencies and providers vying for your business.
Unfortunately, many small businesses with limited resources have falling prey to this marketing scam.
In this article, I will be talking about the dangers of hiring a cheap SEO company. Plus, why you should avoid cheap SEO services at all costs.
I am not talking about affordable SEO services here. I am talking about marketing services that are so cheap, you might get tempted to sign up and hurt your business.
So don't hire a low-cost SEO provider just yet. Take the time to read this article (it won't take long, I promise!)
Cheap SEO has become synonymous with low-cost SEO. By paying less for a marketing campaign, many small business owners believe they are getting a great deal.
If you have limited marketing resources, then you know what we are talking about. Visit Fiverr or any freelance market place, and you'll see SEO services starting between $5 and $25/hour.
I am not saying you should not hire an SEO freelancer from Fiverr. All I'm stating here is that the price of SEO services should not be this cheap.
Are you thinking of buying inexpensive SEO services? Be aware of the severe shortcomings of hiring a low-cost SEO company.
Don't let low-cost SEO services affect your marketing campaign negatively. Continue reading before you make such a grave mistake of hiring a low-cost marketing firm.
Table Of Content
- WHAT IS CHEAP SEO?
- WHY YOU SHOULD AVOID CHEAP SEO SERVICES
- Cheap SEO Services Will Cost You More In The Long Run
- Good SEO Services Cost Money
- Cheap SEO Packages Won't Even Give You Basic SEO
- Expect Poor Services With Low-Cost SEO
- Business Model Of Some Cheap SEO Firms
- You'll Have To Undo Their Mistakes
- Your So-Called SEO Professional Will Cut Corners
- Shady SEOs And Their Manipulation Techniques
- A Banned Website
- Cheap Cookie Cutter SEO Techniques
- Guaranteed SEO Results
- Cheap Links
- Cheap Content With Typos And Grammatical Errors
- Short Term SEO Results
- Warning - Beware Of Fly-By-Night SEO Providers With Cheap Plans
- What About The "Economy SEO" Price Offers?
- CHEAP SEO PACKAGE PLAN Vs AFFORDABLE SEO
- SEO QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
WHAT IS CHEAP SEO?
We all have our definition of cheap SEO. My definition of rock bottom SEO is any SEO package plan priced way below SEO pricing standard.
The moral of the story is that you'll get what you paid for - cheap services.
WHY YOU SHOULD AVOID CHEAP SEO SERVICES
There are endless reasons why you should avoid cheap SEO services at all costs. But we are only going to mention a few important ones.
Cheap SEO Services Will Cost You More In The Long Run
SEO requires a great deal of money. Search engine marketing takes time and a lot of marketing resources:
- Getting to know your business
- Understanding your company's marketing needs
- Analyzing your website's SEO weaknesses and strengths
- Planning a solid marketing campaign
- Executing SEO marketing techniques
- Maintaining and tweaking your ranking
Low budget SEO services might get you that top position in search results within a month or less. But it will cost you a lot of cash in the long run.
You can get SEO services for about $200 or less a month. For a small business owner such as yourself, the small SEO price might sound incredible. But it is not because it could get your business website removed from organic search results.
Good SEO Services Cost Money
Good SEO is not free.
Search engine optimization cost money because the SEO company your hire will need to:
- Hire SEO experts
- Experienced copywriters to create high and relevant content
- Backlink professionals to build links from relevant and authoritative websites
- Social media experts
- And sometimes web designers if your existing design is affecting your SEO campaign
Freelancers offering reduced SEO pricing don't have the resources to hire SEO professionals.
One thing to know for sure is that SEO professionals don't work for peanuts
Cheap SEO Packages Won't Even Give You Basic SEO
To improve your brand visibility in search results, you will need:
- An SEO-friendly design
- Excellent user experience (UX)
- A fast loading website
- Solid on-page SEO elements
- High-quality, relevant and engaging content
- Strong backlinks from authoritative and relevant websites
If you believe a cheap SEO agency will put in place all the above SEO techniques, think again. Putting in place basic SEO techniques will need a lot of human resources and investment.
Expect Poor Services With Low-Cost SEO
With low-cost SEO, expect to receive poor services from cheap marketing companies.
With low-cost SEO services, you'll get:
- Poor communication between you and the marketing company
- Minimal Keyword research - Will only research a few key phrases
- Unethical SEO techniques we call black hat SEO
- Low-quality content that won't rank
- No SEO site audit - First step every good SEO company performs
- Poor link building strategies (through automated software)
- Submission to 1000's of directories you don't need (obsolete)
- The possibilities of getting your website penalized by major search engines
- SEO techniques that have been obsolete many moons ago
You must avoid getting your website banned at the get-go at any cost. Instead, it would be best if you worked with a more reputable SEO company instead.
Business Model Of Some Cheap SEO Firms
The business model of some cheap SEO firms is different than of expert SEO companies. Low-budget firms focus more on acquiring more clients than building a long-term relationship.
They also have no interest in:
- Learn about your business
- Delivering quality marketing services
- Communicating with you
Budget-priced search engine optimization freelancers only think about getting that first payment. Once they get paid, they'll look elsewhere.
And if you decide to cut off the relationship with them, they will have no problem with that. Why? Because they have already scammed other clients.
You'll Have To Undo Their Mistakes
Once you break the relationship with such a firm, you'll need to undo their mistakes and do it soon.
This becomes a problem for you because you'll have to research other SEO companies. At this point, you'll have:
- Lost valuable time and money
- Hire another SEO marketing company and have them fix their mistake quickly
- Get a new contract
- Build a relationship with the new marketing firm
Your So-Called SEO Professional Will Cut Corners
Do you really believe you'll get the best SEO services from a fly-by-night SEO freelancer? Don't hold your breath.
Are you paying 30 or 40 percent for cheap search engine optimization services? If the answer is yes, then know you're only getting about 30 or 40 percent of good SEO.
The other 80 or 60 percent will involve in:
- Skipping important SEO techniques
- Implementing obsolete techniques like submitting your site to 1000's of directories
- Using black hat SEO tactics
- Cutting corners
- And so on
Shady SEOs And Their Manipulation Techniques
Shady SEO will try to manipulate search engines using various unethical SEO practices to promote your website. What they will end up doing is getting your website removed from organic results.
So choose your marketing partner very carefully or risk losing customers, and closing your business possibly for good.
A Banned Website
Most of our existing customers came to us, from other search engine optimization agencies, after realizing the mistake they made focusing solely on getting low-cost marketing prices.
They not only got rock-bottom prices, but they also got their website banned altogether.
Cheap Cookie Cutter SEO Techniques
Even if two businesses (within a block from each other) selling the same products or offering the same services will require different SEO techniques. Dishonest marketers will still implement cookie-cutter SEO strategies for both websites.
So always ask your marketing provider how they plan to put in place a marketing campaign. Ask to see the process they will use to promote your website for search engines. If they refuse, then it is a good sign to look elsewhere.
Guaranteed SEO Results
No legit SEO company will or should promise you nor guarantee top ranking on Google search results within a month. If the website optimization company you are consulting with makes that "Guaranteed SEO Services", then it is not the right company for you.
Rember! If it is not God, Google, or Bing at the other end of the call, hang up the phone.
Google released Google Penguin, an anti-spam algorithm, to fight back against something they hate, spammers. When you hire an inferior SEO company, know that such a company will take the easy and fastest route to work on your link building campaign and get you the most links possible.
Then one day, you might no longer see your site appear in the search engine result pages (SERP), or Google search results because of your site being banned.
Cheap Content With Typos And Grammatical Errors
Unless you write your website's content yourself, expect to get poorly written content from that cheap SEO agency you hired overseas. Google released Google Panda to fight back against content farming with poorly written content.
Poorly written content that is riddled with grammatical errors will summon Mr. Panda. In contrast, high quality and relevant content will attract more traffic and make people share it.
Short Term SEO Results
With cheap SEO marketing, you might see results within two months, two weeks, or less. If that's the case, then you should be worried because optimizing a website for search engines takes time, testing, tweaks, and more testing to see a long term positive result finally.
Warning - Beware Of Fly-By-Night SEO Providers With Cheap Plans
Many fly-by-night SEO marketing companies are offering inexpensive SEO services, and if you haven't received that call or email, don't worry, your turn is coming.
To make their poor offer look more attractive and sweet, cheap marketing companies will make their dirt-cheap marketing services look more legit to attract your business.
They'll even go as far as stating that they are Google Certified, or introduce themselves as Google SEO representatives. They will also tell you they are experts in optimizing websites for Google.
Some will even guarantee their search engine optimization services and promise to get your website on page 1 of Google in no time and do it at bottom SEO prices.
What About The "Economy SEO" Price Offers?
I have even seen an SEO package, named 'Economy SEO' at just $49/month with guaranteed results or your money back. And they went as far as stating that their package is 100% safe SEO.
BuzFind has its share of economy SEO offers, mostly from SEO companies in India. We have been presented with their long list of SEO features such as:
- Submitting our website to 100s directories (which is obsolete and can even get your website banned from search engines)
- Performing keyword research based on 20+ keyword we would select
- Mentioning and liking BuzFind on social media platforms
- And much more just to bait us into signing up.
CHEAP SEO PACKAGE PLAN Vs AFFORDABLE SEO
For some people, affordable SEO services mean cheap search engine optimization services. This is far from the truth.
BuzFind's affordable SEO offers:
- Expert SEO management
- White-hat SEO techniques
- Marketing professionals with over 25 years of experience in optimizing websites for search engines
- 24/7/365 days of support
BuzFind doesn't offer cheap search engine marketing, nor cheap SEO plans. What we offer are quality SEO services at SEO pricing you can afford.
SEO QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
How can I do SEO for free?
- When it comes to implementing SEO, you'll have two options:
- Hire an SEO company to put in place a solid marketing campaign
- Learn SEO and do SEO yourself
Can I learn SEO on my own?
Yes, you can. But one thing you need to understand is that learning SEO takes time and a lot of patience.
- How much should I spend on SEO per month?
- The cost of SEO will depend on the following:
- The type of website you're running and want to optimize for search engines such as eCommerce, web presence, blogging website, newspaper, magazine, and so on.
Expect to pay between $750 and $5,000 - Again, this will depend on the type of business you are running, your marketing needs, and so on.
Does SEO require coding?
Coding can mean various things. Will you need to have expertise in HTML, CSS, and so on? Not really. Will you need to understand technical SEO? Yes.
Can I do SEO myself?
Yes, you can. You'll need to understand:
- How search engines work
- Be aware of major search engines' SEO guidelines
- Know how to implement on-page and off-page SEO techniques
For more on DIY SEO, click here.
Is SEO easy?
SEO is not difficult to do, nor easy to implement. See the below question and answer.
How fast can I learn SEO?
That will depend on your ability to learn. But one thing to remember is SEO takes years and experience to master. So don't think you'll become an SEO expert in a year or so.
Cheap marketing services might cost your SEO campaign less money. However, it will cost you dearly in the long run. So before you hire a cheap marketing team, research the company you're thinking of hiring, and ask a lot of questions.
If you don't know what questions to ask, reach out to us and we will share with you the questions you will need to ask - Free of charge.
Not sure whether cheap SEO plans are for you or not, call BuzFind, and one of our SEO experts will look at your website, review your marketing needs, and help you make the right decision.
Sharing is Caring.
Did you enjoy reading our "Cheap SEO - 16 reasons why you should avoid cheap SEO at all cost" article? Did you find it helpful?
Please consider sharing this article with your friends and followers on social media. Thank you.
Would you like to add your thoughts to this article and share it with the rest of the world? Please let us know by submitting your feedback. While at it, please don't forget to subscribe and leave us a note.
What did you think of this article?
Send us feedback!
Don't forget to revisit the article for updates, added tips, and recommendations. Thank you :)
Cheap SEO - By Billy, BuzFind
Don't fall prey to cheap SEO services scam